Tuesday, June 20, 2006

a little means so much

Last Friday, we were finishing up a week of soccer camp. At camp I worked with the 4-6 year olds the first half each day and moved to the older group for the rest of the time. On Friday, Parker(a 5 year old) ran up to me and handed me a card. I said,"Thanks Parker." He said I was welcome. I responded, "Can I open it now?" "Yes" So I did.

On the front of the card it shows a boy drawing with crayons on the wall "Thank you very, very, very much!" the inside reads "Just couldn't wait to tell you!"... Then in bright red marker I HAD FUN, ThANk You, PARKeR MOORe. Also inside the envelope was a dime size soccer ball bubble magnet.

I told him thank you and he went on his way(or the rest of the group's way, as they were warming up). After practice, his mother was asking some questions about Parker and what he can work on, etc. I told her what I knew and also thanked her for the card.
She said,"Oh, no that was all Parker, All week he has been like,"Mom, I want to give JD something, like a soccer ball", and I told him "Honey he probably has plenty of soccer balls". So when we saw the magnet he just had to get it; he even used his own money."

I thanked her for sharing and told her that it meant so much more. It did and does. Thank ~YOU~ Parker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home